Friday, February 11, 2011

Missing warm weather...



Here's an old photo of Sk8terdude - in warmer weather!  I remember the day this photo was taken was particularly hot and humid...right now that doesn't seem so bad (although I promise to complain about the heat this summer).  When I drove OlderBrother to the bus this morning, the thermometer in the car was registering a cool 3 degrees Fahrenheit.  Brrr!

The continued deep freeze makes it hard for us to believe that outdoor skateboarding could be only a month away.  After all, our driveway still has snowbanks that resemble icebergs both in terms of size and texture, so I can't imagine the skatepark looks any better.  (I guess I could drive past and see...)  And local indoor skateboarding also eludes us.  The latest entry on the Haven website says that they will be closed through the end of February for roof repairs - and possibly longer.  So for us that means either another long trip to Drop In or an even longer drive to Garden Skate in New Jersey (which only makes sense if you know that I have friends and family nearby).

This post would be longer if my fingers weren't frozen.  Have you seen the price of heating oil?  (That's a whole 'nother subject...)

No comments:

Post a Comment